Thursday, April 1, 2010

Letter to Brian Regan


Dear Brian Regan,
            My name is Abby Gibbons and I am a Junior at Brigham Young University studying Marriage, Family and Human Development.  I am currently taking a class called Media, Family, and Human Development in which we study all aspects of the media and its effects on individuals and families.  For the class, we have an assignment to write to an authority or a figure in the media and either ask them to change something about their media influence or thank them for their positive influence in the media. I wish to do the latter.
            I have been a fan of your comedy for many years, as has my family and many of my friends.  I greatly appreciate the clean nature of your jokes, especially when so many comedians today rely on cussing and sexual innuendos and references in their comedic routines. The reason I love your comedy routines so much is because these types of offensive references are not in your jokes.  Your jokes rely on and perfectly explain the humor of everyday life, and I LOVE that!
            Consider this letter as an appreciation from myself and many of my friends and family for the clean, hilarious nature of your jokes.  As long as your comedic routines stay this way I will continue to be a loyal a fan.  My fiancé and I will traveling to St. George for our honeymoon so we can go to your show and we are so excited! Thank you, again.

Sincerely,
Abby Gibbons

4 comments:

  1. So jealous you get to go to his show! He is such a good role model... you can be funny and still be clean. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a letter! You make me want to write him too! Thanks for the idea Abby. Very well written by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that he's clean because he is really talented. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete